|Barbara Maria Stafford||zurück|
Prof. Dr. Barbara Maria Stafford
Professorin für Kunstgeschichte
Unviversity of Chicago
26.06.2003, Towards a Cognitive Image History: From Iconic Turn to Neuronal Aesthetics
William B. Ogden Distinguished Service Professor
Northwestern University B.A. 1964 (Philosophy and Comparative Literature)
Sorbonne, Paris 1961-62 (Philosophy and Comparative Literature)
Northwestern University M.A. 1996 (Art History) (Schwartz Award for Research)
Warburg Institute, London 1968, 70 (Kress Fellow, A.A.U.W. Hilda Stein Fellow, and US-Netherlands Grant)
University of Chicago Ph.D. 1972 (Art History) (With honors)
National College of Education 1969-70, 1971-72 Assistant Professor
Loyola University, Chicago 1972-73 Assistant Professor
University of Delaware 1973-81 Assistant and Associate Professor
University of Chicago 1981-
1995- Professor; William B. Ogden Distinguished Service Professor
Maryland Institute, College of Art 1996
Grand Valley State University, Michigan 1998
University of Delaware Excellence-in-Teaching Award 1976
- Symbol and Myth: Humbert de Superville´s Essay on Absolute signs in Art. Cranbury, NJ: Associated University Presses, 1979.
- Voyage into Substance: Art, Science, Nature and the Illustrated Travel Account, 1760-1840. Cambridge, Mass: MIT Press, 1984.
- Body Criticism: Imaging the Unseen in Enlightenment Art and Medicine. Cambridge, MA and London: MIT Press, 1991.
- Artful Science. Enlightenment, Entertainment and the Eclipse of Visual Education. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1994.
- Good Looking. Essays on the Virtue of Images. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1996.
- Visual Analogy: Consciousness as the Art of Connecting. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press, 1999.
- Devices of Wonder: From the World in a Box to Images on a Screen, (coauthor: Frances Terpak) Catalog for an exhibition at the Getty Research, November 13, 2001 to February 6, 2002. (Getty Research Institute, 2001) Getty Catalog Press Release
Letzte Änderung: 15.01.2006